The store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of a 203ºF Retail Store.
He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent, fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Quality Experience for both, our customers and team members.
The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being a champion of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Guiding Principles and Company Policies.
- Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Corporate Office as necessary.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- You are the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative at your store.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient and friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Consistently monitor, coach and encourage team members to meet the Company’s service standards.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
- Respond proactively to prevent and resolve customer service situations.
- Maintain efficient, friendly service standards.
- Ensure that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts, as well as knowledge of coffee and tea regions, and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Consistently maintain the highest quality product standards.
- Follow all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Oversee drink making and participates in the re-certification process (monthly).
- Educate our customers on the superior quality of Company products and services.
- Prepare all drinks and ensures all team members prepare drinks according to 203ºF Coffee Co. drink recipe standard operating procedures.
- Taste drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
Training & Development:
- Executes effective recruiting programs with the Human Resources Department to ensure high team member retention.
- Contributes information to the store manager on performance appraisals for team members they directly supervise.
- Counsels team members, facilitates team member training efforts, conducts regular performance reviews, and disciplines team members, as necessary.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Motivates staff to maintain quality and consistent product.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year retail experience, preferably with a specialty coffee store.
- Management in a specialty store or food establishment preferred.
- Register and cash handling experience.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects. Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retail store environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary: Competitive Pay